How to change the My Document folder default location?

My Document is a special folder on the desktop. It is the standard folder of Windows XP and is automatically created when windows is installed. When you save a document using an application program such as MS Word, MS Excel, the file is automatically saved in My Documents folder, unless you choose a different location.

Windows stores the My Document folder in the computer on its default location (normally on C: Drive), but you can change the location of default folder to any secure drive. This tip is very useful for those people who save their routine data in My Documents folders.

Follow these steps to change the default location of My Document folder:

  1. Right click on "My Documents" folder then click on "Properties" option.
  2. Select the "Target" tab, then under the "Target folder location" section, type the new secure path for "My Document" folder in "Target" box. For example B:\My Data.
  3. Now click on Apply button to save sittings and click on Ok button to finish the process.

Note: If you want to restore the "My Document" folder default location then click on "Restore Default" button to move original location.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

> Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Copyright © 2012. GS dot net - All Rights Reserved - Design by BTDesigner - Proudly powered by Blogger